Tue. Apr 20th, 2021

Firefighters rescue several animals, extinguish unattended kitchen fire

1 min read

Firefighters work on the scene of a Tuesday evening house fire. Source: Lincoln Fire & Rescue

At 4pm on Tuesday evening, Lincoln Fire & Rescue responded to a report of a house fire at 366 S 46th Street.

When firefighters arrived, they observed smoke coming from the front of the house, PIO Nancy Crist said in a media release Wednesday.

The fire was quickly extinguished within minutes of arrival. LFR says several animals were rescued from the home, one requiring oxygen from a specialized mask.

Damages from the fire reached $30,000, and the cause was determined to be grease on the stove. The homeowners were not home at the time of the fire.

© 2019-2021 Lincoln-Lancaster County Scanner